Thursday, July 31, 2008

Dr. appt- Month 2

On Tuesday I took Jeremiah for his 2 month appointment. He was actually 10 weeks old so we were a little behind for his appointment. Anyways, he is weighing in at a whopping 14 pounds 6 ounces!!!!!! And he is 23 3/4 inches long. I was really hoping that his weight gain would have slowed down, but it hasn't. He is still in the 75th percentile for his weight and height and the Dr. still says that he has a small head. John David couldn't go with me to the appointment because he started orthopaedics this week and has been working really hard and long hours. So, I was not excited to face all 4 shots that Jeremiah would be getting by myself. It was so sad as he screamed looking at me as if to say "Why would you let them do this to me mommy?" I teared up a little bit and had to tell myself that he will never remember it.

As for me, I would really covet your prayers over the next couple of months. John David is getting ready to leave at the end of August for 2 months. He will be doing 2 orthopaedic rotations-1 in Gainesville, Florida and then in Charlotte, North Carolina. Jeremiah and I will be staying in Mobile and only visiting him a couple of times. I absolutely am heart broken every time I think about this. Anyone who knows me well, knows that I am a needy wife. I love to be with John David any minute that I can and the thought of not seeing him for this long makes me sick to my stomach. So please begin to pray for me and for John David. He is excited about practicing orthopaedics, but I know that he is going to miss us a lot. Not to mention, that Jeremiah is going to grow and change so much while he is gone.

Hopefully we will post some pictures soon of our chunky kid!

2 comments:

Danny and Jennifer White said...

I will pray for you guys. Danny travels a lot in the summer,and it is not fun at all.I too am needy:)

katie said...

hang in there... so glad we got to talk. we miss y'all... if you are lonely, we have a room for you in bham! :) and we need to meet for one of the games. i know how you feel - call me if you need ANYTHING.
love y'all!
katie