Tuesday, November 11, 2008

More 1sts for the Family!

I have already titled one of our blogs as 1st time for a lot of stuff, but we have more this week.
First, John David and I went on our 1st date in 6 months. His parents came into town on Saturday and kept Jeremiah Saturday night. (Thank you Sonny and Gigi) We went out to eat and went to the OAR concert at the Mitchell Center. It was weird b/c it was the 1st time that I hadn't fed Jeremiah and laid him down at night. It was a lot of fun and very needed.
Second, Jeremiah started sitting up this week. The first time was last Monday and he has just gotten better. It is so fun. So since then I have taken him shopping in the buggie at wal-mart and today he sat in the highchair at Moe's. This is huge for my life. B/c now I don't have to carry the car seat into restaurants and when I grocery shop he can sit in the buggie! YAY!!!!!!
Third, we are in full swing with fruits and vegetables. He has eaten carrots, sweet potatoes, and squash. The only fruit he has had is pears. Carrots are definitely his favorite!
He will go for his 6 month check up next Wednesday so I will let you know the stats. And he is a very active baby. It started about a week ago now, but when he sleeps at night he is everywhere! And I mean everywhere. Nothing can keep him still. The good thing is that he is getting used to moving so now it isn't waking him up as much. I guess I am going to have a very active boy!

4 comments:

Ariel said...

Yay for sitting up!! I can't wait to be able to put Jake in the shopping cart!! What a life changing moment, ha! I can't wait to see new pictures.

Anonymous said...

Well Gigi and Sonny loved every minute we got to spend with sweetie pie Jeremiah--he's such a good and fun baby. Can't wait 'till we can get our hand back on him. Love y'all--gigi

Emily Little said...

Yay Jeremiah- what a big boy! I know you are excited about not having to carry that car seat around every where!

Jessica said...

I miss you guys so much. I'm so ready for you to come to Dothan. :( If I started a residency program do you think JD would consider moving to Dothan?? I love you!!