Thursday, November 1, 2012

Gummy Worms




A few nights ago, after I put the kids to bed, I was, of course, craving sweets! I decided to dive into Evie's gummy worms that her Gigi had bought her.
I'm sitting on the couch enjoying a few and look over to see Evie standing in the hallway. (She has gotten in the habit of getting out of her bed)
I throw the gummy worms down, hoping to hide them and go over to her. The conversation goes like this:
Me: Evie, it's time for bed.
Evie: Mommy, what are you eating?
Me: oh nothing, lets go to bed!
Evie: mommy, you eating my gummy worms?
Me: (ignoring the question) it's time to go night night
Evie: I eat gummy worms after my nap?
Me: yes Evie.

I was so busted! The girl doesn't miss a thing! And what was the first thing out of her mouth the next morning... "Mommy, I want gummy worms!"

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Catie Murphy said...

Adorable picture of Evie and hilarious! They truly miss nothing. I think I have had this same conversation/siutation with Sullivan over chips and cookies as well...Can't mommy just get a moment to indulge in peace?!