If your wondering about the title of this post, NO it's not referring to the weekend Danielle took a shower. OK, that was pretty CORNY (is that how you spell it?)!!!
Anyway, 2 weekends ago we were blessed with 2 baby showers given by some of our closest friends, Jessica Steltenpohl and Morgan Spivey; Sarah Hodges and Jenny Watson. As you can tell from previous posts, We have been so fortunate to have such thoughtful friends and family. Prior to these 2 showers, we would occasionally think about all the things we still needed and the fact that Jeremiah could come any day now. So I cannot express how wonderful these showers were.
Also, the best part of the weekend for me was that I got to play golf with Josh Steltenpohl TWICE. Just to remind you, even though I am MUCH better than Josh, I have never beaten him. The first round took place at Timbercreek. Going into the final hole, we were tied. We both hit great drives; I was in the fairway but Josh got a bad break and found himself in some sand/dirt. Of course, he makes an unbelievable approach shot and sticks it about 6-8 ft away. My approach was good but not that good. I was looking at a 20 foot downhill breaker. I sail my birdie putt about 12 feet past (I'm really terrible at putting). So, I just knew that Josh would make his birdie putt and put me away AGAIN! However, he misses his putt and then makes par. Then, miraculously, I sunk my 12 foot par putt to finish tied. The next day, we played out at RTJ. Besides a few heroic shots here and there, it was a pretty average round for both of us. Unbelievably, we finished TIED again. We are both looking forward to a rematch for bragging rights over 3 rounds, the next time we get to play. We're pretty sure we should be able to play when they come down for Jeremiah's birth. I'm sure Danielle won't mind if I take a break from the Hospital for 4-5 hours!!!!!
Well, back to studying for my Family Practice final. Who knows, the next blog may be about Jeremiah's arrival.


2 comments:
You both are indead so very blessed with great friends and family. They have all been soooo generous in giving toward the needs of Jeremiah. God has indeed blessed your family.
I am soooo glad also to see a new post--Jeremiah's Gigi thanks you. I look at the blogspot each day that I'm online. Future Uncle Preston graduates this next Sat. from Auburn so Jeremiah needs to wait a few more days--he wants to be there for the arrival, as do all of us. Love to you all. Gigi
Josh said that since you guys have scheduled the birth of Jeremiah, you should be able to set up a tee time with no problem, right?! Can't wait to see all 3 of you! We love you!
Post a Comment