Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Really, again???

On Sunday, I drove from Mobile to Dothan with my mother-in-law following me. We were hoping to make it without having to stop and feed Jeremiah. Well, he woke up about 30 minutes away from Dothan (in Enterprise) and so I decided to go ahead and feed him on schedule. We stopped in a random parking space and to my surprise Jeremiah had pooped all over himself and his outfit. So, I got him changed, put Dreft all over the outfit and fed him. We made it to Dothan safely and I stayed there Sunday and Monday night. I left Tuesday to go to Gainesville (Scott are you jealous?) to see John David. I have been waiting to see him since the day he left. Jeremiah did great. We left at 10:40 and he slept from 11 to 1. At 1:30, I stopped at an exit to feed Jeremiah. So here comes the really, again? I pull him out of his car seat and he has poop all over his back. I am sitting with him in the front seat wondering what to do. My car is loaded down so I don't have anywhere to lay him down to change him. I don't want to go in Moe's with poop all over my child. I lay him in the front seat and get him changed, not to mention the poop I have all over my arm. I begin feeding him and begin to think about the car seat. I am 99% sure that there is poop all over the seat. I get him fed, and go around to the back seat to look at the car seat. And yes there is poop! So, I carry Jeremiah, the car seat, and the diaper bag into Moe's. I get the car seat cleaned, Jeremiah clothed (I carried him in Moe's with no clothes on), and get myself something to eat. I was so tired by the time I got my food and could finally eat. The good news is that Jeremiah and I made it safely to Gainesville and had a great time spending the night with John David. We will be here until Sunday.
I also wanted to thank all of you in Mobile who called and checked on me last week and invited me to eat and walk with you. It really meant a lot. It was not the easiest week of my life, but thank goodness Mrs. Gayla was there to help me all week.
Sorry we haven't posted any pictures. John David has had the computer with all of the pictures on it. Hopefully we can add some this week.

2 comments:

Ariel said...

Bless your heart!! I understand the poop situation. We went out and bought a piddle pad to put in his car seat and it works great. If you don't have one yet, you should definitely get one. It's so easy to just throw that in the wash and not have to clean the whole car seat.I would love to get lunch again soon!!! Let me know if you are free any time soon!!! I want to catch up.

katie said...

hey! you hanging in there? we are praying for y'all... please come stay with us! we would love it, and i can be here to give you a break! by the way - the pictures you commented on were a while ago -i wish i looked great! :( but thanks for the encouragement...
miss you!
katie