Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Biltmore House and The Rockettes

My parents came to visit this weekend to do some fun Christmas activities. On Friday night, my mom and I went to see The Christmas Spectacular with the Rockettes in downtown Greenville. My mom and I saw the show in 1997 when we went to New York and were excited to get to see it again. They were awesome. The music was fabulous and the dancing perfect. My dad and John David kept Jeremiah for us to have some girl time.
On Saturday, we went to Asheville to visit the Biltmore House. Asheville, NC is only a little over an hour from us so the trip was easy. However, if you ever consider going to The Biltmore House, do NOT, and I repeat do NOT, take a child under the age of 7. Jeremiah was Awful. We couldn't leave him in the stroller b/c there were too many stairs, so for the 1 hour and a half that it took us to walk through the house, we had to hold him. And for those of you out there with a 19 month old child, or any child for that matter, that doesn't make for a fun time for the child or mommy and daddy. On a positive note, the house was beautiful. It was decorated for Christmas with trees filling the house and lights everywhere. I would love to go again just with John David to actually enjoy the architecture of the house.
Here are a few pictures of The Biltmore House and Christmas pictures of Jeremiah! Oh and if you are wondering why Jeremiah isn't in the picture with John David and I in front of the Biltmore, well we were letting him run around to get out some of his energy.





1 comment:

Gigi said...

Great to see a new post--love the pretty pics. I need to find the pictures of John David at 2 years in front of Biltmore--but back then-- you could roam around as you pleased--so he was happy. Also love the pics of Jeremiah at Falls Creek downtown--I ordered a whole book.