Monday, January 4, 2010

We have decided to name our little girl ...

Evie Elizabeth!

I feel like it took us forever to decide on a name. All of our first choices (so I thought) were tossed out the door. When we first got pregnant, John David's mom told us that Evie was a family name, but John David immediately said he didn't like it. But after all of our other choices were thrown out, I brought it back up to him. I loved the name from the beginning. We thought on it for a few weeks and finally decided. Evie was the name of 2 of Mrs. Gayla's grandmothers and Elizabeth is my middle name.

We will call her Evie, but her daddy has already come up with a nick name for her: Evie Beth. He said that he feels a daddy should have a special nick name to call his little girl. So sweet.

I am almost 27 weeks and so we are looking at about 90 more days to go! Very exciting!

7 comments:

Regan said...

What a sweet name! I love how different it is! Naming the baby makes her even that much more "real". It's beautiful, and I know she will be, too. Very excited for you!

Jennifer said...

Very sweet! I have been wondering how you were doing...I hadn't seen a blog update in a while. Glad to know things are progressing well.

Emily Little said...

Danielle- I must admit, I have been checking your blog all the time waiting for a name update! What a sweet name for a sweet baby!

Parks Avenue said...

Love it! I know you guys can't wait to meet her! Wish you guys were closer! We miss you!

Gigi said...

Of course her Gigi and Sonny love her name. I don't know if you remember, but we discussed this name for Jeremiah, once while in Auburn (before we knew he was not a girl), y'all liked it then. I even like the Evie Beth. Evie Elizabeth is just beautiful. Please blog more.

Anna said...

Precious name and I know she will be a precious baby girl!!

Catie Murphy said...

Gorgeous! I can't wait to meet and love on your precious Evie! And Sullivan is excited to have another girlie to play "babies" with. :)