The girl is so funny! She knows exactly what she wants and she knows how to persevere until she gets it!
She loves to be outside. She doesn't ride in Jeremiah's jeep as much as he would like her to. She likes to be in control and drive her own car...

She has always thought she is older than she is and continues to think so.

Like I said she loves to eat. Her current favorite foods are cheese, spaghetti, Cheetos, Chicken Noodle Soup, Turkey and Cheese sandwiches from Subway, and chicken. She searches food out and isn't shy when asking complete strangers for food. I often catch her going through people's bags (friends or strangers) just to find food!

She is very independent and most of the time I hear, "I do it!" So her independence has led to her being potty trained at 22 months. Again, I used the 3 day potty training method by Lora Jensen (used it with Jeremiah) and it proved to work a 2nd time!

I won't go into great detail like I did when I potty trained Jeremiah, but I will give day-to-day summaries so that I have it written down somewhere!

She has always thought she is older than she is and continues to think so.

Like I said she loves to eat. Her current favorite foods are cheese, spaghetti, Cheetos, Chicken Noodle Soup, Turkey and Cheese sandwiches from Subway, and chicken. She searches food out and isn't shy when asking complete strangers for food. I often catch her going through people's bags (friends or strangers) just to find food!

She is very independent and most of the time I hear, "I do it!" So her independence has led to her being potty trained at 22 months. Again, I used the 3 day potty training method by Lora Jensen (used it with Jeremiah) and it proved to work a 2nd time!

I won't go into great detail like I did when I potty trained Jeremiah, but I will give day-to-day summaries so that I have it written down somewhere!
Day 1: The flood gates were open! The entire first day she peed all over the floor. She didn't tell me not the first time that she needed to go. There were 2 times where she started going, stopped and told me and finished in the potty. The last time of the day she told me she needed to go and did. And she wet the bed during nap. I did put a pull-up on for the night time (even though the 3 day method is against it).
Day 2: Again, A LOT of accidents. Throughout the day she definitely started telling me more that she needed to go. Again, it usually occurred after she went a little in her underwear, would stop and finish in the potty! During dinner, she began a frustrating cycle. She would pee a little in her underwear, stop, but wouldn't finish in the potty. I believe that I changed her underwear 10 times in 45 minutes. John David took over for me-I was losing it. He got out the small frog potty (she had been going on the big potty) and she went! Finally!!!

Day 3: For the first few hours, she was having accidents and refusing to sit on the potty. I stayed patient (by God's grace) and continued with the course! At lunch, it started to "click!" FOR THE FIRST TIME, she told me she needed to go and went on the potty-underwear was dry! She went before nap and stayed dry during nap. She had 1 accident the rest of the day, but had 4 successful trips to the potty!

So, some of you maybe asking, "Well, what about going #2?" Well, that took 1 week. From Friday to Friday she was pretty much potty trained #1 but continued to poop in her underwear. Then, last Friday, she just started going in the potty. She has been telling me and going!

Day 3: For the first few hours, she was having accidents and refusing to sit on the potty. I stayed patient (by God's grace) and continued with the course! At lunch, it started to "click!" FOR THE FIRST TIME, she told me she needed to go and went on the potty-underwear was dry! She went before nap and stayed dry during nap. She had 1 accident the rest of the day, but had 4 successful trips to the potty!

She has done so great.

We occasionally have a small accident, but that is expected! I'm so proud of her and she loves going in the potty like her big brother!

We will soon be celebrating her 2nd birthday! She is growing up so quickly. I have signed her up for Summer Camp 1 day a week this summer and 2K in the Fall.


We love our Evie Beth! She and Jeremiah fight a lot, but there are times when they play so well together! It is fun to watch.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
2 comments:
That's so awesome that she is already potty trained! So great. I say it's time for a 3rd one now that both are out of diapers :). And you look exactly like your mother with your hair long like that. Had some flashbacks from our college days in your old apartment- ha! Evie is precious and growing up too fast!
She sounds like a mommy mini-me to me! Love you guys!
Post a Comment