Monday, March 5, 2012

Banana Blueberry Muffins

I came across this recipe in my own recipe box. I actually didn't even remember having this, but I am so glad I found it. It was a recipe given to me from Mrs. Gayla a long time ago. She had acquired it from a friend!

Ingredients:
3 extra ripe medium bananas, peeled
3 eggs
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup of butter, melted
2 cups blueberries
1 cup pecans, chopped
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt

Puree bananas in blender. In medium bowl, combine bananas, eggs, sugar and butter until well blended. Stir in blueberries, pecans, and vanilla. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture until evenly moistened. Spoon batter into well greased muffin cups. Bake in 350 degree oven 25-30 minutes.
Makes 24 muffins.
These things are awesome. I made them on Saturday... and they are gone! However, I did give 6 away to my neighbor. So, between the 4 of us, we have eaten 18 in 2 days!!! And for John David and Jeremiah to love them, is a huge success. They were super easy and well worth it! So if you are a muffin person (or I think you could turn this into a loaf of bread) then you should try them out!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Catie Murphy said...

Dee-lish! Can't wait to make these! Thanks!