Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Preperations for Kenya!

So, we aren't doing a lot yet, but I am beginning to think more and more about Kenya. As of yesterday, I started a diaper count. I am going to count how many diapers we use daily until March 16th. This way I will know how many diapers to take. Also, I am beginning to think through clothes, baby food, wipes, toys, etc. What makes me the most nervous is baby food. I have NO idea how we are going to ship/carry that much baby food to Kenya. We are hoping that Jeremiah will be eating more table food by April.

We leave April 2nd and get back May 2nd. I am also anxious about the 2 overnight flights we have to take to get there, If we have a washing machine and dryer, If our house will be sold by the time we leave, and so much more. So I'm starting to really get nervous. I mean back to the toys, I know that may seem silly, but what will I do with an 11 month old all day if we have no toys. Is that stupid? Anyways, just wanted to catch you guys up on the latest thoughts about Africa.

Despite my anxieties, we still feel that this is what God has called us to do. Not only this 1 time, but for the rest of our lives. And not only with 1 child, but hopefully with many.

5 comments:

katie said...

hey friend!
i can't believe y'all are about to leave for africa - and turn in your list! we need to catch up... miss y'all!
katie

Laura said...

WHEW! You guys stay busier than we do!!! I need to know more about this trip! Let me think a little bit about the toy thing. I think I can come up with a plan, at least for a few rainy days indoors. Wait, does it rain in Africa? lol.

Demetrius and Amy said...

Really glad to get updates on your blog. I hope to hear more about Africa!

Hope Sewell said...

Anything can be a toy to a little one....even if it does not have a fisher-price label. :) For ex. a ziploc bag with a few crunchy leaves or anything else from nature. (make sure it is zipped tight of course)

Will be thinking of ya'll!! :)
Hope

Anonymous said...

i've changed some of my blog parameters...let me know if you have trouble viewing it...