Speaking of the next baby...I went to the DR. on Tuesday. They did an ultrasound and I heard the heartbeat (so amazing and sweet by the way-I almost forgot what it sounded like). My due date is April 9th. I will go back in 4 weeks. My DR. is great and I am so happy with the choice I made. As far as how I am feeling, not too great. I go from being tired to sick (not throwing up). I pretty much nap everyday when Jeremiah does. But, I told John David I will go through whatever I have to have a baby-it is worth it.
Friday, August 21, 2009
Believe it or Not...
JEREMIAH IS A BOY! So if you sense some frustration in my voice, well maybe there is a little. I feel the need to get this out. Every single day (when I take Jeremiah somewhere) he gets called a girl. So for example, at the grocery store, post office (both of which happened this week), restaurants, the mall, etc. I understand that some of you are thinking that it is because of the way I dress him, but seriously (I say this because I have had people comment about the way I dress him in a negative way). You can look at his face and tell he is a boy. And he can be wearing all blue-and he will still get called a girl. But no matter how many times he gets called a girl, I will still dress him the same. Hopefully, there will not be confusion about the next baby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
People can be so dumb...parents purposely dress kids in boy/girl clothes to avoid this type of confusion. You should just start asking people when their baby is due when they ask you if Jeremiah is a girl - they respond with "well, I'm not pregnant" you say, "well he's a boy" so we're even" and walk away. JK! That's the pregnancy hormones talking - don't listen to me (not that you would)...I need something to eat. Love you and your cute little, handsome boy - not pretty, but handsome boy :)
I know what you mean.. I have atleast one person a week tell me how cute my "little boy" is! She is usally even wearing a dress when this happens so I dont get it, but I always just say "he is a she and thank you". The worst was.. "what a cute little fat thing" people just dont think sometimes!! She is perfect to me, so whatever! When will you find out what your having? So exciting!! :)
Where do these people come from?? Jeremiah TOTALLY looks like a boy...a very handsome one, I might add :)
Jeremiah looks so much like a little boy- there isn't a single thing that is girlie about him!!! And I LOVE how you dress him!!! Some people just don't think!!! My favorite is when they call Allie-Parker "fat" - where is your filter people, don't you know when to stop?!?!?
Give that precious BOY a hug for me!!! Hope you get to feeling better soon- it is worth it:)
Girl, I feel for you! I hated it when Sullivan was called a boy before her hair grew out. Jeremiah DOES indeed look like a boy and a handsome one at that.
I totally understand...people still do that to me sometime with Matthew and did it alot with Christopher too. They just don't get that we southern women like those smocked and appliqued outfits and little boys can only wear them so for so long! Keep dressing him like you want to and don't worry about what people say! He is adorable and quite the handsome fellow!! And you are a great mommy for caring about his fashion!!!
Post a Comment