Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A Boy of Few Words

Jeremiah is one, social little boy. Every where we go he waves to everyone and always has a smile. He is very curious and into everything. He is a climber and a jibber-jabber! I took him for his 15 month check-up this past week (we were a little late) and the Dr. told me he is on the low side for his talking. He said he should be saying 3-6 words consistently and we are definitely closer to 3. He said there was nothing we could really do but to continue what I am doing. The words that he says a lot are: da-da, night night, no, and since Monday we have added hot. So you can pray that my little boy will wake up just talking up a storm soon. Don't misunderstand-he talks, but I have no clue what he is saying. Other than that-he is great. He only weighs 22 pounds and 8 oz (19th %) and he is 31 inches tall (47th %). The Dr. isn't worried about either-he said he is just too busy to eat, which he is. You have to give him something to play with just so he will sit still. He hates having to be in 1 place for any length of time.

3 comments:

Demetrius and Amy said...

I'm sure a lot of people will tell you this but Jayden seriously didn't talk much at all until he turned 2. the lightbulb went off and he hasn't stopped talking since. also, a lot of people think their kids are "talking" early but they're really not :)

and i am with you on the "too busy" to eat. jayden is the same way. he eats when and only when HE is ready.

Hope all is well with the new baby.

Jessica said...

I think that little boy is perfect! Although, I do wish he would learn to say "I love my Aunt Jess so much and I miss her and Uncle Josh so much everyday. And, I can't wait to meet my future wife, Anna Lee". If you could get on teaching him that before Oct. 9th, I would really appreciate it :) I mean, I know its more than 6 words but I think he can handle it! JK!

Glad to see that you're still blogging though :)

Gigi said...

when I click on that pic of him behind the curtains--my heart melts--he is such a beautiful child, and just as sweet inside--he's such a joy. gigi