Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Sorry it has been a month!

I can hardly believe it has been over a month since my last update! I feel like everyday flies by and that I am running a circus around here. So this won't include any pictures (which I have) but just a little update on my 2 little ones and John David. I will post some pictures as soon as I put them on the computer.

Jeremiah: Well, let me just say that he is 2. So all of the things you can associate with a 2 year old are true of him. Tantrums: yes. Screaming fits: yes. Lots of energy: yes. Talking all the time: yes. Cute as anything: yes. He is SO much fun. Right now we are in the "What's that?" phase. So a million times a day I get asked that question and I respond to whatever he is pointing to. Sometimes, he asked me what something is over and over again. He loves to be outside despite the heat. We have been going to the pool a couple of times a week, playing with friends, riding on the golf cart, and watching Backyardigans. Although we are not in full out potty-training yet, he went to the bathroom on the potty for the 1st time Sunday. We were so excited. I haven't been pushing it because well I have a 3 month old and taking care of a newborn and potty training doesn't sound like fun to me. But now that Evie is getting a bit easier, I am okay with potty training. He loves Evie and kisses her all the time. And anytime he sees something pink, he says that it is Evie's.

Evie: Like I said she is 3 months old (well a little over) and is so sweet. She is smiling all the time. I am currently feeding her 6 times a day and will soon be dropping her late night feeding. She is on a 3 1/2 hour schedule and is taking 3 naps a day. Unlike Jeremiah, she will not take a pacifier and she will not take a bottle. Little Miss Evie is going to be a thumb-sucker. Well she already is. When she gets unswaddled in the middle of the night, the thumb is what soothes her back to sleep. Back to the bottle. That's right: no bottle. I have been trying ever since she was 5 weeks old. So because of that I am definitely home bound a lot. I am trying very hard to get her to take a bottle because I have some things coming up in the next month or so that I would like to do. We have tried 4 different kinds of bottles and she won't take any of them. So hopefully that will resolve itself soon. She is close to rolling over-back to belly. She enjoys sitting in her bumbo seat and loves to be held. I won't take her back to the Dr. until August for her 4 month well visit, but she is chunky. I call her my little "chunky monkey." I can't wait to see how much she weighs.

John David: He just started his 2nd year of residency. 1 down and 4 more to go. For the next year he will take on average 8 calls a month. That includes working 2 weekends out of every month. The best part of him starting his 2nd year is that he is finally getting to practice orthopedics and not general surgery. He loves it. His schedule is not the best news I have ever heard, but I am trusting the Lord to sustain us all through this year and every year that He blesses us with. John David is a very hard worker and that is one thing I love and respect about him. We definitely miss him each and every day and are so excited when we do get to see him. We plan on making the best of the time we do get with him and cherishing every moment.

Pictures to come soon!

3 comments:

Catie Murphy said...

A great update! Thanks for sharing! How exciting that Jeremiah used the potty! Hooray! Can't wait to see you soon!

Jessica said...

Love the update. I found out stuff I didn't even know! Where's the danielle update? I miss you terribly. Have you worked up the nerve to plan a trip to dtown yet? I think you can do it...I think you NEED to do it...for me :) Love you bunches!!!

Demetrius and Amy said...

I've been hoping for an update. Can't wait to see the "chunky monkey." Thanks for the info on the Maya Wrap, I found one at a consignment sale and I'm excited about it...hopefully I'll like it as much as you do. I can't imagine not having the daddy home that much! You are one brave mama!