Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Mother's Morning Out!


Last Tuesday was Jeremiah's 1st day of mother's morning out (aka-school). I refer to it as school so that Jeremiah can learn where he is going on Tuesdays and Thursdays without me having to say "mother's morning out" every time.
Anyways, he loves it. He has a great teacher and enjoys playing with children. So far, he has brought home art work, Scholastic book orders (which I LOVE), and a calendar with his very first field trip scheduled.
It has been such a blessing for him and me. With John David working awful hours these days, it is so nice to have some added "me" time. Evie naps almost the whole time he is gone so I enjoy the peace and quiet.
Each week at MMO they will focus on 1 color, 1 shape, 1 number, 1 letter, and 1 bible verse. He will also participate in music, art, and chapel. Here are some pictures that I took of him his first day.

Eating breakfast before school. There is nothing like a waffle with syrup and milk :)
All dressed and excited. Notice the cute outfit Mrs. Gayla appliqued. It has a box of crayons on it with his name monogrammed.
He loves his backpack. It is probably one of the cutest things to watch him walk into school with his backpack on! It is also monogrammed with his name.

4 comments:

Regan said...

What a cutie! He looks so much J.D. We got a scholastic book order, too, and I was honestly way too pumped about it. You really can't beat those prices, though. I am glad everything is going well with school. Sound like a great place!

Jessica said...

YAY for MMO - its good for both of you guys and I'm so happy that you're both enjoying it. I'm sure he's the cutest and best dressed little boy in his class. You know I'm right there with you on the book order too - we're all such nerds :)

The Spiveys said...

He looks JUST like JD...that's crazy! (I don't know why I thought it would change since he has from birth.) He looks too cute in his little backpack...sweet!

Catie Murphy said...

These school pictures make him look so grown up---such a big boy! And your beach pictures couldn't be more beautiful! ah! Y'all are so photogenic!