



Evie is now 6 months old (as of Oct. 6) and she is getting to be such a sweet and fun little baby. At her 6 month check up she weighed a little over 16 pounds (50th%) and was 26.5 inches long (75th %). She is sitting up which is always fun for when we go grocery shopping and out to eat. She is able to sit in the buggy and a high chair really well.
Other things that Evie is doing: drinking juice from a sippy cup, eating solids 2 times a day, nursing 4 times a day (still no bottle), she is very interested in Jeremiah and his toys, she naps 2 times a day, and like the post title said-smiles all the time! I absolutely love to watch her and Jeremiah interact. I can only imagine what it will be like when Evie is a little older.
I would say her favorite foods right now would be bananas and sweet potatoes. She is a great eater. And as for the bottle, I have been hoping now for 4 months that things would turn around in that department. It doesn't look like they are going to so I am preparing myself for 6 more months of exclusively nursing! The great thing is that she is taking a sippy cup so hopefully she can go straight from nursing to a cup.
I am no longer swaddling her for her naps ( I know: 6 months and just gave up the swaddle!). However, I still swaddle her at night and even though she busts out of it within minutes, I am sticking to it for now! Speaking of sleep, she is sleeping 11-12 hours at night and waking up happy.
She pitched her 1st fit this week because I wouldn't give her my grocery list. And so it begins. I think just as soon as I get Jeremiah out of the terrible 2s, Evie will be starting! :)
Please check back b/c over the next few days I will be posting about Jeremiah and his 1st field trip, a family trip to the pumpkin patch, and our trip to Auburn for the Auburn v. Arkansas game!
3 comments:
she must know how beautiful she is to smile at herself like that in the mirror. I cant believe its cool enough up there for them to wear turtlenecks under their clothes!! I'm HOPING it cools off a little before halloween or AL will burn up as the pumpkin. Love the new pics. Can't wait for more!
She is adorable....and has a beautiful smile. I hope you all have fun at J's field trip to the pumpkin patch:)
"oh, cute" as Jeremiah would say. She is so pretty and such a delight as is Jeremiah. Great post and pics, thanks.
Post a Comment