I wanted to start by posting a picture of our tree. I posted earlier in the month about us cutting it down and so forth and here is the finished product...

And speaking of trees, my best friend, Jessica, got me one of the greatest presents I have ever received. I am not kidding. I almost cried when I got it out of the bag. I almost cried because of what the gift reminded me of and it is this-Jessica knows me better than anyone (besides my parents and John David) and she got me a thoughtful gift that I have wanted FOR YEARS! She just knows what I love, don't love, etc. So here it is...

An Advent Calendar from Pottery Barn! I love, love, love it. Jeremiah enjoyed moving the candy cane every day and I cannot wait to fill all of the pockets next year with things for him and Evie. I will probably steal ideas that Jessica posted about here.
So on to Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. John David's parents and his brother Preston joined us for Christmas this year. They came up on Wednesday and we had a great time with them.
This is the rundown of how we do things at the Adams' house. On Christmas Eve, we open all the gifts under the tree. Before children, Mrs. Gayla would always tell us which gifts to open when b/c she knew what they all were (well most of the time :) ) But since we have been doing Christmas at our house, it is a random mess because we are trying to watch/help the kids open their gifts plus open our own plus watch our dear loved ones open their gifts in hopes that they love what we got them. So here are pictures of us opening gifts on Christmas Eve.

Jeremiah opening his leapfrog laptop

Evie got preoccupied with the paper!

Jeremiah handed out all of the gifts to everyone!

He is delivering a gift to Uncle Preston!

After we put the kids to bed on Christmas Eve, the fun begins. Now it is time for us ( I mean Santa) to get all of their Christmas Day presents ready. John David and I adopted the way that Mr. John and Mrs. Gayla did Christmas with Preston and John David when they were little. Here is how it goes: Santa displays! That's right. Everything is put together, batteries in and no wrapping paper. It is all set out under the tree for all to see when they get up. So here is Christmas morning after Santa had come down our chimney, filled our stockings, and left the presents so that Jeremiah and Evie could find them!
Evie received a piano that plays music and is educational. It also links to the TV. She got a doll house and a baby doll and a fisher price laugh and learn kitchen.


Check out her face: I feel like she is thinking, " I don't know who this Santa guy is but it's way too early for pictures!"

Here comes wild man coming down the stairs with daddy!


The jolly guy in a red hat got him a train set...


a radio flyer tricycle...

race cars along with a fun track to race them on...

and a tool bench!


John David and I received A LOT of great things. A few I would like to mention would be a new small camera that is great for me to take with me while I am out and about with the kids, an iPod nano (thank you so much Preston-I love it), clothes, boots, a jacket, and some other fun goodies. John David got a new DVD player, a Keurig coffee maker, and technically a new TV. He bought it on Monday but it counts as a present. He also got a jacket, some shoes, and apple TV.
John David and I also received a gift that we are looking forward to using in the near future. Preston and Caroline got us a gift certificate to Outback and $$$ for a babysitter. Those of you with kids know what a blessing that is. We are so pumped. Thanks again to Preston and Caroline for that great gift. We missed you Caroline and hope to see you soon!
Merry Christmas! I hope you had a great day with family and that Christ was glorified as you worshipped Him on his birthday!
2 comments:
I love that advent calendar! So cute and fun for the kids. I'm so glad you were able to have family come and stay with you guys. AND...I am loving the picture of Jeremiah with his work googles on. Too cute!
Wow, it was so great for us. Being together at Christmas just feels like "home" no matter where you are. The snow reminded me of my childhood" White Christmases" in north Alabama--great memories--old and new. Children are so fun to watch at Christmas as well as big children like the 2 of you doing the santa work--loved John David's quote from "Christmas Vacation"--"look around Helen, we are standing at the threshold of hell" with paper and boxes and instructions and batteries and tired faces--yep, felt "like home" to me--thanks for the great time. BTW, How is Jeremiah's "baby bird"--that sweet precious boy, and Evie, is she still pulling up?
Post a Comment