Thursday, December 9, 2010

Evie's Baptism


So sorry for the marathon blogging, but we have had a lot going on in just a few days!
Evie was baptized on Sunday, December 5th.
I wanted to tell you the vows that we took from our pastor just before Evie was baptized.

1. Do you acknowledge your children's need of the cleansing blood of Jesus Christ, and the renewing grace of the Holy Spirit?
2. Do you claim God's covenant promises in your children's behalf, and do you look in faith to the Lord Jesus Christ for their salvation as you do for your own?
3. Do you now unreservedly dedicate your children to God, and promise, in humble reliance upon divine grace, that you will endeavor to set before them a godly example, that you will pray with and for them, that you will teach them the doctrines of our holy religion, and that you will strive, by all the means of God's appointment, to bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord?
And our answer to each, "I do." But with that answer comes a huge responsibility. These vows are "heavy" and as I read them again, I felt convicted of how many times I have broken these vows. Especially during this Christmas season. I usually get all wrapped up in decorating the house, presents, Christmas parties, etc. And just as I prayed this morning, I pray that my life and my family's life wouldn't be about those things but about the birth of Christ. That it would be about God sending Christ into the world as a man, a perfect man, to satisfy the wrath of God.
2 Corinthians 5:21 "For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God."
So here are the baptism pictures of Evie. She is wearing John David's baptismal gown. It is beautiful!












3 comments:

Jessica said...

she looks absolutely beautiful in that gown! what a special day for little Evie and her family.

Regan said...

Danielle...she looks like a miniature doll in that gown. All the pictures are gorgeous. I also love what you said about the vows being "heavy." With every day that passes I realize the responsibility we've been given...and that I fall short...A LOT. Thank goodness for grace! I miss you, friend. Wish I could see you more often. The kids are precious. Happy Holidays!

Catie Murphy said...

Gorgeous! And thank you for sharing the baptismal vows...we all need to be reminded of them and encouraged! You two are amazing parents and ARE indeed leading your children down the right path. You are close in prayer.