Sunday, September 11, 2011

WaterSound Beach Trip



As the summer is ending and everyone is back in school, we decided to go down to Florida for a vacation. We went the same time last year and found that it is the perfect time to take small children. The beach isn't crowded, you don't have to wait hours at restaurants, and the weather is great.
WaterSound Beach is located in between Destin and Panama City, close to Seaside and Rosemary Beach. There are tons of sand dunes located around the resort and of course the gulf coast beach is beautiful!
An ENORMOUS thank you is due to Gigi and Sonny for this vacation. Gigi did all the leg-work to find the condo, book it, rent a golf cart, have all the sand toys that 2 kids could ever want, buy groceries at the grocery store, and SO much more. And Sonny took us out to eat each night (to our favorite restaurants), played with the kids, slept on a twin bed in the same room as Jeremiah (that deserves a medal!), took John David and Jeremiah to play golf, and again SO much more! Thank you both so much for an amazing vacation. Jeremiah, Evie, John David, and I loved every minute!!!!
The first 2 days of our trip was spent battling a tropical storm. It was amazing to see the storms come across the water and the size of the waves! I don't have any pictures because it was storming! So while it rained, we decided to get in some good shopping at the outlets!
By Tuesday the storm was gone and we had beautiful weather the rest of the week. Clear skies, 80 degree weather, and the most beautiful blue-green, crystal-clear water you have ever seen. Also, at times the ocean looked like a lake. We would tell Jeremiah that God stopped the waves for a few minutes because that is literally what happened. We took lots of pictures and you will notice the water in the pictures!
In case you are ever down in the area, and want to know our recommendation on restaurants, here are the places we ate! Captain Anderson's in Panama City, Pandora's, Jimmy Buffett Margaritaville, Old Florida Fish House, Boondock's, and Bud and Ally's.
Jeremiah would tell you the highlight of his week was going on a 2 hour pirate cruise! I am not going to talk much on that in this post because that deserves its own post! That will come next!




















As you can tell, we didn't do much besides play on the beach, swim in the pool and eat! It was such a relaxing vacation. Some of my favorite memories are watching the kids build sand castles, going on the beach at night to look for crabs, sitting on our condo balcony drinking my morning coffee, playing in the ocean with Jeremiah, and seeing Evie's cute little footprints all over the sand!

3 comments:

Regan said...

Holy COW! How awesome are your in-laws? That's incredible. If they are ever looking for another family to adopt, please give them my number. Great pics! The kids look like they had a great time. I love the starfish 2011 picture...so creative. Also, you are rocking that bathing suit, sista. Looking good!

Jessica said...

That sounds like a perfectly relaxing vacation...bliss for everyone. I'm so glad you guys had a great time and that the weather was so wonderful. I also really like the 2011 starfish pic - did you guys find all of those on the beach? We've only found like 3 unbroken starfish in my life. I also think I really like your swimsuit...the striped one. I couldn't see it all but in that pic of you and Evie, I loved it.

Catie Murphy said...

Oh Danielle! What a great trip!!! I love the starfish marking the date...gorgeous pictures!