



April 21, 2009A few cute things Jeremiah is doing!
Picture #1 is of Jeremiah standing all by himself. He started doing this the day we arrived to Kenya and is getting better. I am trying to get him to take steps towards me, but we aren’t there yet. He loves to walk holding your hands and will walk laps around our coffee table. So hopefully we will be walking soon.
Picture #2 is of him looking under the table for his toy. This is something I taught him about 4 days ago and now he is doing it all by himself. It is sooo cute. When there is something under the furniture he will get down on his knees, butt up and look for it. Then he tries to get it or will look at me for me to get it. This shows his curiosity. He is into everything-way more than when we left. If a door opens, the refrigerator, closet, or cabinet, he is headed straight for it. So we are really busy keeping up with him. We have a system of boxes and toys to keep him in the living room, but he has also figured out how to get out of that. He either pushes the box to the side or crawls underneath his exersaucer to get through to the kitchen and dining room.
Picture #3 is of him using the play phone. Before we left, he would just stick the phone in his mouth and not understand what it is for. I guess after seeing me do it for months, he has caught on. So now he somewhat puts the phone up to his hear and says a form of “hey.” He isn’t really saying hey but it really sounds like it. Something else he is “saying” is “yea” “yea!” And the ‘y’ is very accented. Our house help Lillian says that it sounds like he is speaking Kipsigiis-which is a local language. So at least he is speaking some language, even if it isn’t English.
Picture #4 is Jeremiah eating table food. I have already blogged about all the food he has eaten. We have added a few more to the list (potato soup being his favorite), but the kicker is that he is so independent that he wants to feed himself. So needless to say he is a mess when he eats. And for those of you who know how OCD I am about stuff like that, you should be proud. He will refuse the food on the spoon, but put the same food in front of him and he will pick it up and eat it. Go figure. He is really showing his will not only through eating, but also through discipline. He hates to be told “no” and will pitch a fit if you do tell him. So as you can imagine, he has a lot to learn.
Picture #5 is of him watching Praise Baby DVDs. Thank you Jessica for letting us borrow those for the trip. He loves them. For those of you who don’t have them or don’t know about them, they are a set of 3 DVDs that play worship music while showing children, pictures, and nature. They are about 30 minutes long and he will sit/stand and watch the whole thing. I am definitely ordering them when I get back home. I thought I would share this picture b/c it shows something Jeremiah has started doing when he stands. He crosses his feet-which I think is adorable. It makes him seem like a little boy instead of a baby. And to me, he is still a baby. So on this particular time of watching, he was leaned up against a chair, staring at the computer screen with his cute little fat feet crossed.
5 comments:
WOW...he has changed so much since I last saw him!! Soooo ready to see you guys!
I can't believe how he's standing alone--he looks tooo "grown-y" Have you gotten the red glow (from the dirt) off his knees yet? What memories!! We love y'all.
AUNT FAYE says it looks like Jeremiah has grown much taller--she wants to know has he and how much, and sends her love.
He is getting to be such a big boy:)
Jeremiah is getting so tall!!! He is such a cutie :)
Post a Comment