So on Saturday my paw paw was doing okay and I stayed in Greenville to attend a birthday party for one of Jeremiah's friends and to go to our neighbors Halloween party. Fun was had by all.
Quick insert: EVIE TOOK 8 OUNCES FROM A BOTTLE THAT HER GIGI GAVE HER ON SATURDAY! This is huge for my life. The first bottle in 7 months.
Back to the story. Both parties were fun and Jeremiah was so worn out by the end of the night that he didn't move once I put him to bed.
On Sunday morning at 7am my mom called to say that my paw paw had just passed away. I immediately started packing and loaded Evie and I in the car and headed to Dothan. Mrs. Gayla stayed behind with Jeremiah. John David was at work. It was a super hard morning for me. I knew that I needed to leave and be with my family but leaving Jeremiah at home was so difficult. It sounds so stupid but I wanted to be able to take him trick-or-treating. I wanted to see him all dressed up and experience the excitement on his face. However, my dad really wanted me in Dothan with our family. And it was the right thing to do. The following day John David, Mrs. Gayla, and Jeremiah drove to Dothan. The funeral was Tuesday to honor my paw paw's life and we came back to Greenville on Wednesday! We were all exhausted: physically, emotionally, and mentally. It was so hard for John David and I on Sunday. Our family was spread out everywhere: he was at work, Jeremiah was home, and Evie and I were in Dothan. We were so glad to be reunited on Monday.
So all that to say that I nor John David was with Jeremiah to trick-or-treat. Mrs. Gayla-who I want to thank big time took him. I know that she was the best GiGi that night and allowed him to do whatever he wanted. And our great friends Scott and Jenny came over to trick-or-treat with him as well. (John David and I really appreciate you guys spending the night with Jeremiah and being there for him). Mrs. Gayla told me before they started trick-or-treating that he had eaten a good dinner so she was going to let him have whatever candy he wanted. My reply: That is fine-you have to be there to deal with him at bedtime, not me. So notice in all the pictures that he has a sucker in his hand!
When they would go up to each house, Jeremiah would say "treat." But instead of getting his candy and leaving, he wanted to go in everyone's house. Jenny had to run in after him many times. He eventually got the hang of it and would go from house to house.
Again-thanks to Mrs. Gayla, Scotty, and Jenny for giving our "little man" a fun Halloween!
Picture with the neighbors. Jeremiah loves Carter, Avery, and Cadence.

Jeremiah with Addie. Another neighbor-they are precious together.
Uncle Scotty pushing the BOB and Aunt Jenny! Notice: Sucker #1.
Aunt Jenny and Jeremiah-so sweet! Sucker #2
Sucker #3.
Check out the sucker! #4
Sucker #5. This was taken on our porch. Check out piper in the window.
Sucker #6.
Check out the next post as well-it is from Jeremiah's Halloween party.
2 comments:
Pablo looks great! I hate that you missed trick-or-treating with him, but you did a great job getting ready for him to look like cutest kid out there with all of his gear! Very excited for you that Evie took a bottle - bless her - she knew her mommy needed a break!
I am very sorry to hear about your loss, and that you had to miss the trick-or-treating, but it looks like he was in great hands and had a great time! I am loving the costume as well. So cute! Seriously can't believe he is so big!!!!
Post a Comment