Whatever my lot, thou has taught me to say, it is well, it is well with my soul.
Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control, That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed his own blood for my soul.
My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, o my soul!
And Lord, haste the day when the faith shall be sight,
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
Even so, it is well with my soul.
It is well with my soul,
It is well, it is well with my soul.
As we sang this beautiful hymn at church this morning, I was convicted. Convicted of my sin! And like the hymn states, not in part but the whole. From day to day, I get so consumed with ME. What is going on with me, my children, what is going wrong, coveting a "better" life, comparing myself to others whom I believe have it easier than me, selfishness, being lonely and complaining b/c my husband is never home, and the list goes on and on!
But as I sang this hymn, eyes filled with tears, I was reminded that my life and this world is not about ME! BUT GOD!!! That He sent his son to the cross to pay for my sins, that Christ now sits at the right hand of God, that I no longer bear the weight of my sin because Christ paid for it all, and OH the day when Christ does return and how beautiful of a day that will be to see Christ in all of His richness!
But with conviction comes the confession of sin and sweet forgiveness. And God reminded me that yes I am way more sinful than I can ever comprehend but He loves me. He loves me not because of me or what I have done, but because I am covered with Christ's righteousness. And when God looks at me He sees Christ!
Praise the Lord!
2 comments:
Danielle-what a beautiful post. This is so good for me to read/hear today. I struggle with some of the same things that you listed, but you are so right...it's not about me. Thank goodness we serve a God that is full of grace! Thanks for posting this and sharing your heart. It is super encouraging to all those who come across it!
I had one of those moments in church today too. It's funny how He works on us. Loved the post and I love you too.
Post a Comment