2 Corinthians 12:9 has been going through my head this past week:
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.
For those of you who don't know, on Friday, January 4th, one of my students was in a bad car accident. I got the call Friday afternoon from Women's and Children's Hospital. Libby, the other teacher I teach with, called to tell me the news.
I arrived at the hospital on Friday night to find out that she had lost almost the whole left side of her brain and that she would be dependent on a ventilator for the rest of her life. This past week has consisted of me being at the hospital almost everyday, trying to comfort the family and be there for them. Also, being at school with all my other students who know about the accident and who are constantly asking questions about her.
On Friday, we found out after extensive testing, which said that she would probably never wake up and if she did, she would be paralyzed from the neck down, dependent on a ventilator and if she did wake up she would be in awful pain. So, her parents made a decision to take her off the ventilator. This event occurred last night around 5:00. I received a call at 5:45 saying she had passed away.
Please pray for this family( I am not wanting to give their names)! I am at school right now, trying to comfort my students and hold myself together. The other teacher and I have no idea what to do or say-as we have never gone through this before and they just don't teach this in college. Please pray that the parents would have peace in their decision and please pray that God would comfort the family and my students. I am trying to also tell them that God's grace is sufficient.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment