We leave exactly 1 week from today for Bomet, Kenya. That is the city in which we will be in for 1 month. The name of the hospital is Tenwek. Tenwek is surrounded by a big concrete wall and is a big compound. We will be staying on the hospital compound in a guest house. And what will we be doing? Well, John David and Carl will be operating. The hospital does not have a full time ortho on staff so there is a big need for them. When we went to Cameroon, Africa, word spread quickly that an ortho was there and people came from everywhere to be operated on. As for Francie and I, I'm not sure. I believe that Francie normally does whatever is needed at the hospital. I don't think that we are going to take Jeremiah in the hospital so Francie and I might be trading out babysitting while the other one goes and helps out. There are also 5 orphanages connected with Tenwek and so I am very anxious to visit those. But 1 thing that Francie and I will be responsible for is the house. It takes a lot of time to prepare meals, boil water, laundry, etc.
We have gotten all of our vaccinations. JD and I had to get 4 or 5 and Jeremiah is probably going to be getting yellow fever today. Jeremiah has already started his malaria medicine. Apparently it is known for causing weird, vivid dreams. If he is struggling with that, we don't know. But he doesn't seem to be.
Things that if you think about we would love for you to pray:
1. Safe travel from the states to Kenya
2. Plane ride: Holding Jeremiah for like 2 days straight and him having to sleep on us
3. Sickness: That the Lord would keep disease and infection away from us
4. food: That Jeremiah would eat the canned vegetables and fruits (we are taking a food processor)
5. Sleep: That Jeremiah would transition to the 8 hour time change quickly
I am looking forward to posting from Kenya. I believe we might have some kind of internet connection so I hope to be able to update you through posts and pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment