
When you hear the word you may think: achievement would be getting into Medical School, graduating from Law School, getting a great job, or for the little people in our lives: walking, crawling, feeding themselves, etc.
This is how I think of achievement.
I was talking to John David yesterday and rattling through all the things I had accomplished that day! The list went like this...
I went to the gym,
I went to the grocery store,
I went to the dry cleaners,
I cleaned 2 bathrooms,
I took a shower, (fixed my hair and put on make-up)
I did 2 loads of laundry,
I made 3 desserts: no bake cookies, brownies and puppy chow (for our NC party),
I cooked dinner...
Out of all that, this is what my husband said, "I can't believe that you call getting a shower an achievement!"
And my reply was, "You better believe I do. That is a major accomplishment!"
Any moms agree with me????
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
4 comments:
Bless your sweet heart! Yes, anything you get done, that is planned, is an accomplishment for a stay at home mom of two little ones.
You know I love you and would side with you on MOST everything in this world BUT...I'm going to have to go with JD here...showering should be a given on ANY and EVERYday. The rest of the stuff I will totally give to you as a valid accomplishment but showering...you've got it in you to make that happen everyday. I know you do. Love you, stinky girl.
and let me just add that you did get A LOT of stuff done that day...very, very impressive. I would have stopped at the 2 loads of laundry :)
oh friend i am with YOU on this one! you know that :)
Post a Comment