Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas Eve and Christmas Morning


Our tradition is to open presents on Christmas Eve and leave the tree empty so that Santa has plenty of room to leave all the toys on Christmas morning. This year John David was on call so we actually celebrated Christmas Eve on the 23rd and Christmas Day on the 24th. Gigi and Sonny were here to help us celebrate and the kids had a great time.
Jeremiah had been counting down the days until Christmas Eve and couldn't wait for Santa to come down our chimney!
It didn't take long for Jeremiah and Evie to open their gifts on Christmas Eve. We had 2 general themes this year: Jeremiah's theme was race cars/monster trucks and Evie's theme was all things kitchen!
Modeling her tu-tu!
Cars 2... what little boy didn't want that for Christmas?!?!
Having tea and doughnuts...
1 of the 3 remote control cars that he got

After the little ones were all tucked in their beds, we got to work! (I mean, there is a lot of prep work to get ready for Santa!)
John David and I get so excited about putting all of their "Santa" toys out and making sure that everything is where it should be! Thankfully, John David had already put Evie's kitchen together.

And Sonny had most of Jeremiah's jeep put together and had already charged the battery! Sonny is awesome!
While John David and Sonny worked on the jeep, Gigi helped me make sure everything was set up just right for Evie's kitchen and helped me clean up the play room a bit!
Fast forward to Christmas morning...
We actually had to WAKE JEREMIAH UP because John David and I couldn't stand it any longer. I think both kids were in shock and half asleep, it took them a minute to realize Santa had come, left toys for them, and ate the cookies we had left for him.

It is always interesting to see which toy they pick up first.
Evie bypassed her kitchen and went straight for the jeep! I completely expected that!
Jeremiah went straight for his Nerf gun!
However, it didn't take long for him to find his jeep!


After the necessary pictures and a quick look through their stockings, it was time to head outside!



Evie must have worked up an appetite outside because when we came back in she decided to cook something in her kitchen!
My parents came on the 26th and we had another round of opening presents with them!
Evie got more kitchen essentials and Jeremiah got tractors, a pirate ship and some other fun toys!
Hope you had a great Christmas and Happy New Year!
On a sad note, for about a week after Christmas was over, Jeremiah would wake up everyday and say, "It's Christmas Eve!" I would sadly have to tell him that it wasn't and now he continues to tell us, "It's not Christmas anymore!" Poor little guy, he is having a hard time letting go!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Love all of the pics. Its so nice that they have each other to play with and "share" their new toys with. Every time I see a power wheels, I always wish I was smaller...what I wouldn't give to be able to fit into one of those things again!

Gigi said...

Loved, Loved, Loved it...was a super special Christmas. It is sad that it only comes once a year.

Regan said...

Looks like you guys had a great Christmas! Love all the pics. I also love how much fun J & E have playing together...too cute!