He also gave me the Pottery Barn Christmas tree skirt that matches our stockings, earphones for my Nano (I hate the earphones that come standard with the Nano), a Chick-fil-A gift card so I can go to lunch with friends with no guilt and some other small items that were in my stocking.
The biggest of those gifts and the one that encouraged this post was a gift card to Urban Nirvana. And for all of you non-Greenville folks, that is a spa.
I pretty much think that is the best gift you could ever give me. One: I love anything that will pamper me. Two: I enjoy the quiet time by myself. Three: By him giving the gift card, he has agreed to keep the kids for me to go!
So, I usually get a gift card to Urban Nirvana for Christmas, my birthday, our anniversary, Mother's day-you name it! I may not get one for all of those occasions in 1 calendar year, but I usually receive one at least twice a year!
I went today for some ME TIME! Today, I decided to go with the Lime Blossom Massage. It is 135 minutes of pure bliss. It starts with a scalp and head massage where they pour hot oils in your hair and massage (for what I can tell about 30 minutes). It then continues with an all-over massage. I think today there was a time when I had no idea where I was, what time it was, or anything else for that matter! IT WAS AWESOME! My body was in shock today when I left. I had been in a dark, quiet room for an hour and a half. No one had said a thing to me. No one said, "Mommy." No one asked for milk or a snack. I wasn't expected to clean or do laundry. It was great. Don't get me wrong, I actually enjoy all of those things, but it is nice to truly get away sometimes.
So, John David knows that he can never go wrong with this gift. A pedicure/manicure gift certificate is also welcomed at any time.
I still have some $$$ left on my gift card, so I think in the near future I may go and get a facial! I feel relaxed just thinking about it!
1 comment:
I agree!! A Day at the Spa is one of the best gifts I have ever received. Guilt free, completely indulgent fun. It doesn't get much better than that for a mom being pulled in 4 billion directions. I'm so glad you were able to have some time to yourself. You definitely earn it on a daily basis!
Post a Comment