This post has several different angles that all have to do with talking.
First, Jeremiah...
What can I say! He has turned into a talker and a singer. He says the funniest things sometimes that just make me die laughing. This was a conversation this morning:
J: Mommy, I have my Dr. bag. (A bag with a thermometer, BP cuff, and stethoscope)
Me: You do have a Dr. bag. Does daddy have a Dr. bag too?
J: No mommy. He doesn't have a Dr. bag, just me.
Me: Well, are you a Dr.?
J: Yeah mommy, I'm a Dr.
Me: Daddy is a Dr. too.
J: No, daddy isn't a Dr. I'm a Dr.
Me: OK Jeremiah.
A few minutes pass...
J: Mommy, daddy is a Dr.
Me: What kind of Dr. is daddy?
J: Daddy is a bone Dr.
I don't know if any of you out there with a 3 year old are experiencing this but Jeremiah asks questions, already having an answer in mind, and wants to argue with me! For example:
We will be riding down the road and this is the conversation...
J: Mommy, what is that sound?
Me: That is the radio.
J: That's not the radio mommy, that's music.
And you guessed it, if I would have said, "That is music." He would have said, "No, that is the radio!"
What a mess!

Second, Evie...
She is talking more with her hands. These are the things that she can communicate with her hands:
She can motion "more" when eating
If you say that her feet are stinky (long time joke we started with Jeremiah), then she will wave her hand in front of her nose.
When she hears an airplane, she lifts her hands toward the sky and says, "Uuu." I think she is trying to say up.
If you tell her to wash her hands, she will rub her hands together.
She can communicate yes and no by shaking her head appropriately.

Third, me...
I have made a weekly habit of getting together on Wednesdays with Catie and Shane, some really great friends of mine. We see each other several times during the week but Wednesdays seem to be our day to eat lunch. Now, this seems insane! It seems insane because there are only 3 of us but we need a table for 9. Why? Because we each have 2 kids. So, you can imagine, 3 adults and 6 kids! Insane, like I told you. But we do the insane to keep sane! Does that make any sense? Of course it does. We talk about our daily lives, struggles, high points, and low points. It is one of my favorite times of the week. We usually end up laughing towards the end because of all the craziness that occurs during lunch.
I love you girls. Greenville wouldn't be the same without you and I am so thankful for your friendships.

This picture was taken at Evie's party. Jenny, on the left, holding a friend's baby. Catie is in the middle with her 2nd child, Sawyer. And Shane is on the right! I wanted those of you to have a name with a face when I talk about Shane and Catie!
1 comment:
Talking with you keeps me sane as well, dear Danielle! Can't wait til our next round of "Insanity for Sanity".
Post a Comment