Tuesday, June 7, 2011

3 Day Potty Training

Yesterday marked day 1 of our 3 day potty training. I am using the 3 Day Potty Training Method by Lora Jensen.
I have tried to follow her plan down to the letter. So, here is what I did...

He woke up this morning and I put on a new diaper but left his pants off. We came in the living room and he watched some cartoons. We ate breakfast together. And then it began.
We went to his room and "threw away" his diapers. He put them in the trash bag and I put them outside. I am not truly throwing them away because Evie can wear them but he thinks we did.
I then took him in the bathroom and told him that he was going to pee and poo-poo in the potty. I reminded him that he threw his diapers away and that he is a big-boy. I told him how proud I was that he was wearing big boy underwear.
So, then ALL day long I NEVER left his side. I reminded him all day "To tell mommy when he had to pee pee." I put on the 1st pair of underwear at 8:30. Here is what happened:
10:00- He peed a little in his underwear and when I took him to the potty he wouldn't go.
10:30-Accident #2-peed a little, but this time he finished in the potty!
12:30-He told me he had to go and so we went to the potty and he did!
Nap-He slept from 1:30 til 4:00 and stayed dry. He didn't go when he got up!
6:00-He again peed a little in his underwear, told me that he did and then I took him to the potty. He finished in the potty!
7:00-I asked him to check and see if he was dry. When he checked, he thought he had peed. We went to the potty and he was dry. He peed again in the potty.
7:45-He went again in the potty before getting in the bathtub!
8:15-After he got a bath and watched a cartoon, we tried to get him to go again. He pitched a fit and didn't want to sit on the potty. We forced him (not sure if I should have done that) and he didn't go.
He slept all night, even though I did not. I kept waking up all night to check on him. When I walked in his room this morning, the first thing he said was, "My underwear is wet!" So I took him to the bathroom and he didn't pee on the potty. We got him cleaned up and began the day!
Day 1 definitely went better than I expected. We just went through 4 pairs of underwear and 3 small accidents!
Stay tuned for Day 2...

1 comment:

LHB said...

I am rivited (not sarcastic . . . I really want to hear how this turns out!). Please post day 2 and day 3 after they occur . . . Good luck!!!