Saturday, June 11, 2011

Update on Preston and Caroline

Hello friends! I wanted to give you an update on Preston and Caroline. I received an email from her yesterday and this is what she said:


"Around 5:00 a.m. on Sunday morning, I was happily dreaming about all of our friends at Smith Lake sitting around a bonfire. When the bonfire smell turned from dreamland into reality, I woke Preston up. He went into the hallway to investigate and heard pounding on the front door. An officer had been knocking and was about to kick the door in when Preston answered. There were two officers, a guy and a girl, who had independently seen the smoke from Green Valley Road and drove over to check it out. They served as our brains for the next few minutes because we were in total shock after running outside to see our garage on fire. I had a big "Important Stuff" folder in the kitchen that I was determined to get to, so the lady cop gave me thirty seconds to run back in. I ran back in to get it and some sonograms off of the refrigerator while Preston ran back in to grab his keys so he could move his car away from the front of the house. Preston touched the front of his car on his way to move it and burned his hands. I don't really remember too many of the details from this point, but I do remember sitting in the back of the cop car in my super-sexy maternity pajamas (Preston in just his boxers) while we watched our house burn in less than 3 minutes. The Vestavia Fire Department was very fast and did a great job putting the fire out before it spread to our neighbors' houses. Our neighbors were also beyond great...brought us breakfast and some clothes and shoes to put on. The logistics from this point is pretty boring - rummaging, insurance, etc., so I won't bore you with the details."

We are so thankful that Preston and Caroline are safe. We talked with them via face time today (Thank you Apple) and they seem to be doing well. Their insurance has been great. They have set up for them to move into a rental on Tuesday and the insurance is completely furnishing the rental as well. They met with a builder on Thursday and a new house is in the works. They are going to tear down what is left of their home and rebuild on the same lot.

Please continue to pray for them. Pray that God would protect their marriage during this time. That Preston would be able to focus and study for his board exam the end of this month. Pray that the Lord would continue to protect Caroline as she carries baby Claire and that both of them would remain healthy. Please pray also that God would heal any emotional pain that they have from losing their 1st home and everything in it. Lastly, pray that God would be glorified through this hard circumstance and that Preston and Caroline would fall more in love with Him because of it.


Dining room...


Kitchen...


Guest Bedroom...


Her car in the garage...
Thank you for your support and love!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow, Danielle! I cannot imagine. I will pray as you asked. The sound (and look) of it sound horrible. Do they know how it started?

Jessica said...

its just awful. looking through those pics makes me so scared for them!