Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

So, I know one little pirate...


and one little baseball player...



that love their daddy very much! And we would like to wish John David a very Happy Father's Day! John David is a great daddy to our 2 children and he would rather spend time with them (and me!) more than anything else! When he comes home from a long day at the hospital, he is greeted by the 2 munchkins. They have huge smiles on their faces and Jeremiah always yells, "Dadddyyyyyy!" So cute!

This year, we got him a Shutterfly book with pictures of him and the kids.


And this frame was made at Jeremiah's school. I have been holding on to it since he got out in May. The footprint is Jeremiah's and the poem reads:
"Walk a little slower Daddy
said a boy so small.
I'm following in your footsteps
and I don't want to fall.
Sometimes your steps are very fast,
sometimes they're hard to see,
so walk a little slower, Daddy,
for you are leading me.
Someday when I'm all grown up,
you're what I want to be,
then I will have a little child
who'll want to follow me.
And I would want to lead just right
and know that I was true,
so walk a little slower, Daddy,
for I must follow you."


So, here is the best daddy in the world looking at the Shutterfly book with his 2 children that adore him.



Happy Father's Day John David! I am thankful that God, in all His goodness, gave you to me to be my husband and the father of our children! I love you!
And today, I thought of the book that John David made to propose. In it was a page that said this, "'As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.' By the grace and mercy of God, I desire to raise godly children, who will live their life for one thing, namely the glory of the cross. As hard as it is going to be, I eventually desire to send them off to the nations so that they may also labor for the joy of all peoples, And I desire to do this with... you!"
John David, I pray that our parenting is glorifying to God.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Gigi said...

this is such a great and sweet post. John David is so blessed to have such a wonderful family!